My friend, Ryan Akers, often blogs “quick hits” as an easy update on life happenings. I didn’t feel like writing much tonight, so “quick hits” will do.
– God instantly healed one of our girls’ fingers, which has been injured for two months, as we prayed for her last night! Swelling and pain gone instantly! YAY GOD!!!
– The older kids have been serving an evangelistic team from the USA for the past few days- translating for the team and praying with new believers and the sick. It has been so fun to step back and watch the kids minister!
– Michele and some of our staff are in Uganda this week for a course on using art in trauma healing. That’s a great opportunity that God arranged for the staff!!!
– Carissa Hawley (Imagodei Films) has been with us for a month now. She’s filming a documentary about Iris Ministries Sudan called “The Face of Love.” The film will follow up on the question, “What does love look like?” which Michele addressed a bit in her recently-released book, Love Has a Face. (Speaking of Michele’s great book- you can get your own copy on Amazon.com or through your local Barnes and Nobles!)
– The kids are continuing to worship the Lord together each evening. Last night, I caught a glimpse of some angels in their worship meeting. That was cool! 🙂
– My Sudanese brother told me that he wants to be baptized!!! (I’ve been praying for this day to come!!!) We’re hoping for a baptism in the local dam this Sunday afternoon!!!
– Our older boys have repeatedly asked for soccer shoes. I’ve repeatedly told them we don’t have the budget for it, but God loves to hear their requests… so they’ve prayed. 🙂 TODAY, some American visitors in town gave us an entire suitcase of soccer shoes! Not just any soccer shoes- but Nike prototypes for cleats that aren’t even being sold in stores yet!!! Some of these shoes retail at $200 per pair!!! How crazy and amazing that our Father cares enough to send these kids the best. 🙂
Other than that, life continues much as normal. 🙂 God is GOOD!
Much love to you, friends!