From Heidi Baker
October 22, 2007
Psalm 18:33-34 (All Scripture is from the NKJV.)
33. He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places.
34. He teaches my hands to make war,
So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
We are posting this special request to our family in Christ around the
world with the hope for stronger prayer covering. We have faced intense
spiritual warfare, some of the most difficult months of our lives, and
severe physical attacks. We are so grateful for those who have been
praying, fasting and crying out to God. We thank Jesus for each of you.
We are absolutely trusting the Lord with the situation and confident
that His ear is not too dull to hear nor His arm too short to save
(Isaiah 59:1). I have never felt stronger in my life. Jesus is helping
us. He is setting our feet like the feet of the deer on high places. He
is teaching our hands to war. I feel like a weight lifter who has built
up muscles over the years of past trials so I am now able to face
greater challenges. In this time of heavy attack, we would like to
solicit your prayers as we push through tremendous spiritual warfare.
Here is a partial list of the trials that have occurred in the past few
1. Rolland has been very sick, lost forty pounds, had heart trouble and
flew to Amsterdam for treatment. I am leaving today to take care of
Rolland. Please pray for Jesus to move in powerful healing.
2. Last week, the head of the transport department, Pedro Simbini, had
an accident and totaled our administrator Julio’s new car while driving
it up to Pemba for him.
3. Julio, our head Mozambican administrator in Pemba, drove down with
his girlfriend Rachel to deal with the accident.They rolled their car
on the way there and were hospitalized. We have been told that the
third person riding with them is in serious condition. Rachel is not in
very good shape either.
4. Dr. Don Kantel, Associate Pemba Base Director alongside the Bakers,
has just had violent malaria since last Monday and is in the hospital
with a critical infection. We had to emergency fly him to South Africa.
(The good news received a few moments ago is that once Don got to SA,
the infection began to respond. Don’s wife, Elizabeth has just spoken
to him at the hospital while he was visiting with the Wheelers and Dr.
Eric who accompanied him. Don was so encouraged to hear that he may be
discharged tomorrow and be able to fly back on Tuesday.)
5. The same day another missionary hit a child with her Landrover. I
also had to take an emergency flight out last week due to an accident.
My face was split open and needed stitches. I’m recovering well.
6. My Mozambican secretary recently had an accident with her motorbike,
as well as Luciano, our associate pastor to Jose, who is our provincial
leader over the Iris churches in Cabo Delgado province.
7. Pedro Langa, the head of our Pemba kitchen, just broke his foot by
falling off his motorbike. He is in a cast.
8. As we all prayed together and warred in the tent, a large
construction truck weighing four tons tipped over inside our new church
building under construction. We had to war and literally push the 4-ton
truck out of our church.
I, felt the Lord told me to stand on a pile of rocks and proclaim the
victory in Jesus’ name, draw a line in the sand, and tell the enemy
that he could not cross it anymore. I felt led to tell the crowd
gathered that I was going to push the truck up and out. I asked, “Who
would be with me?” Hundreds gathered around and we pushed the four-ton
truck, which in the natural world would have needed a crane or large
wrecker, as we celebrated the victory with shouts of joy.
9. Witch doctors tried to poison Pastor Jose and me in a village. God
kept us from eating the witch doctor’s poison.
10. Surpresa Sithole, one of the four international directors of Iris
Ministries, had to attend the tragic funeral of his brother Pastor
Sithole and his cousin after a group of radical religious
anti-Christians cut him up into pieces because he was preaching the
gospel. Pastor Sithole will be greatly missed.
In Pemba, we are currently doing a corporate 21 day fast, as well as
organizing times to pray and worship together for the next 21 days.
After that, we will launch our next 24-7 prayer week.
We earnestly request that you stand with us, covering those those who
have been in accidents and the sick, especially Rolland, as well as
praying for protection for all of us here. Jesus purchased the victory
and we know He has amazing plans for Mozambique beyond anything we have
seen so far.
In the middle of all these trials, God spoke to me to rest in the boat
even in this storm. In the past few days, I have been meditating on
9.There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his
works as God did from His.
11. Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall
according to the same example of disobedience.
12. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any
two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and
of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of
13. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are
naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
14. Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through
the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our
weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
16. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may
obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
We recently received a prophetic word that if we would enter into a
season of rest, God would release a revival that would never end. We
are clinging onto Him, this High Priest. We are holding onto His
promises in our time of need. Thank you for standing with us for full
In love with Jesus,
Heidi Baker with Melissa Stanton and Shara Pradhan